Tuesday, August 22, 2017

T-Shirts


Genuine, life experiences.
Offering inspiration and hope to those bumbling through this life. 
I'm doing the best I can, I'm a work in progress and I've a purpose. 
So. Do. You.


I don't know about you, but I prefer a 'uniform' when I work.  It takes out the guess work each day.  It takes me twice as long to get dressed on any given Saturday or Sunday.  And don't get me started on the summer (even though I still sported a 'uniform' of sorts - long skirt / tank top / sandals)

It's funny.  


My life has been somewhat defined by t-shirts.


When I wore BDU's, it was a black t-shirt under the very starched shirt.


A few years later, I was wearing a t-shirt at the cooking school.


On the days I wasn't at the cooking school, I was wearing the t-shirt for the preschool I worked for a few days a week.


And just recently, my t-shirt changed to the 'new' preschool that I will start working for this week.


T-shirts.


Identity.


It's a bit of a conundrum.  


When I chose to get out of the Air Force, my 'identity' took a hit. It was my claim to fame, "Ooohhhh...you're military...?"  --Aw and wonder ensue--


Once out of the military, I was hired to work for FOX4 in South Dakota. "Oooohhh...you work for a TV station...?"  
--Aw and wonder ensue--


After the T.V. station, I as a waitress at a fairly nice place. Everyone knew of the place. "OOOohhhh...you..."  You get the picture.


But I digress.


How do you identify?  WHAT / WHO do you identify as?


The t-shirts I wear only identify WHERE I work.
Not WHO I am, yes?


I ask again, how do you identify?

Short and Sweet (literally and figuratively...LOL)

The Texas Ginger

Bringing World Peace One Hug at a Time







No comments:

Post a Comment