Thursday, September 30, 2010

Who Knew?

I LOVE the Yahoo! news bytes - you know, the squares that give you 'just enough news' to seem informed?  HA!! 

One today grabbed my attention - 9 Signs That You're Happier Than You Think.  While I don't fancy myself particularly miserable, I wouldn't dub myself overly happy.  I'm just...livin', ya know?  Trying to keep peace and stay balanced.  APPARENTLY THOUGH, according to Yahoo! experts (and if it's in cyberspace it MUST be true, yes?) I have all (except one) of the indicators that I am, indeed, happy.  Understand that after each indicator, they had their own statistics and proof.  While I have noted the Yahoo! indicator, I have added my own explanation.  Here they are:

1) You were a smiley student
I'm way past the traditional definition of 'student', but I am a student of life.  I'm also a rather smiley adult.  Just call my name - and "CHEESE!"  (I also have an uncanny sense of when a camera is around).

2) You have a sister
Again, I do not have a 'traditional' type sister, but I do have SEVERAL in Christ.  That said, I have a brother.  So, I think this should be amended to 'sibling.'   While Brook and I are not considered close by definition, I can't imagine life without him and he has taught me alot (but don't tell him that, he's YOUNGER than me!!)

3) You're not glued to the TVDon't get me wrong, I enjoy a good DVR'd show as much as the next, but 'glued' to the TV...not so much.  If it's a choice between the TV and reading / writing - I choose the latter.

4) You make exercise a priorityPeople who exercise more are less likely to be stressed and more likely to be satisfied with life, according to Danish researchers...(direct quote from the article).  Now, I have certainly not made it a priority, but I have two dogs now and I walk them each morning.  I, indeed, feel better!  I, also, get to do PE with preschoolers and I am LOVING IT!!!  So, while it may have been 'put upon' me, I have welcomed it!

5) You hang out with happy peopleI'd like to consider my network of friends happy.  And, according to Yahoo!, I am a happy person, so...I guess I bring some happy to those around me AND myself...technically speaking, I'm my own best company.  HA!!

6) You stay warm with hot cocoaClutching a steaming beverage — coffee and tea also do the trick...those gripping warm mugs were more appreciative of friendliness in others and also felt more generous and trusting themselves...(end quote).  Have ya tried the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate at your local Starbux?!?  HELLO!  YUMMY-NESS in a cup and certain happiness!

7 ) You have two best friendsI most certainly have at least two best friends!

8) You keep souvenirs on displayPeople who use mementos or photos to remind themselves of good times better appreciate their lives and are happier...(end quote).  May I add that I have souvenirs of sad times too; let me say that it does bring me memories of when those that loved us most just loved on us and prayed over us.  It's bittersweet, but souvenirs of all types and times are important, yes?

9) You have a healthy love lifeHELLO!  I love me some of my Joel!  Ladies - I'm just gonna say this - never say 'no' to your man (within reason, OK?  not because you 'just don't feel like it).  I've lived by it for 4+ years and I am, indeed, HAPPY!!!

I may have added a few more.  A relationship with God, consistent conversation with God (aka: Prayer), and a solid community.  I firmly believe that all of these things add to my happiness.

Alright, I exceeded my 'brief' entry today, but I hope that you enjoyed it.  I enjoyed writing it!

Fabulous and Forgiven

Mama Fox

 


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are posting here. I enjoy readng your thoughts. Love ya

    ReplyDelete