Friday, July 7, 2017

Budding Blogger

I walked into an art gallery today.  

A lovely woman approaches, tells me about the concept of the gallery.  A collective group of artists, each displaying their work...rather, their love. Their hearts.  Because truth be told, if you're putting your art 'out there' then there is a passion behind it.  A...love. And it cannot be called 'work', yes?  I digress though...

Then...the dreaded question, "What do you do?"

Oh boy...

"I'm a writer.  Well...I'm trying to be.  A blogger.  I'm sort of...I'm trying it all out.  I love to write and people seem to like what I write."

"OH!  You're a budding blogger!  Let me take your picture and send it to the gal here and she can put you on our page..."

I was speechless.
Touched.
Humbled.
In awe.

Another nudge.  

I JUST made a choice, in that moment, to 'put out there' what I'm desiring for my life and this sweet soul simply wanted to help.

Will THIS be my 'big break'?  Who knows.  What I DO know is that I took a chance.  An awkward, uncomfortable chance at identifying with what I WANT to be / do.  

I writer.  And one that can / WILL inspire and encourage others.

It felt a little awkward.  Uncomfortable.  Like...what if she sees that I'm a fraud?  LOL

I am overwhelmed.

Overwhelmed with the number of 'signs', nudges, encouragements.

Seriously, overwhelmed.

I'm resourceful
I'm creative
I'm capable
I'm deserving
I'm determined
I'm scared
I'm nervous
I'm an overcomer
I'm a great writer

A few days ago, I read in my devotional on July 4th.  It spoke about 'not giving up on dreams'.  I embarked on a very new, scary venture 27 years ago on July 2nd (the Air Force). And the nudge on that day, to embark on something really scary, on the anniversary of my Air Force journey...coincident?  I think not.

i'm choosing to embrace my dreams.
they're God given.
who else would say, "food truck * blogger * speaker" ??
i've no idea how to begin the journey.
and every journey starts with (A) step.
One. Step.

I'm completely overwhelmed (have I mentioned that yet?  overwhelmed?)  with the number of 'signs', nudges, encouragements...to include, but not short of: 

- My daughter
("That would be totally cool...my mom is following her dreams!")
- Recent readings
(Self Coaching 101, The Work, even a fictional book 'State of Wonder')
- Podcasts
(to include Gary Vee, The Minimalmist, Lewis Howes)

so...eyes tight.  
deep cleansing breath.
here...
i...
GGGGGggoooooo......

(stay tuned...I reckon I'll be posting more, since...you know...I'm a writer)

The Texas Ginger
Bringing World Peace, One Hug at a Time

6 comments:

  1. You are amazing! You got this, I believe in you! Love and hugs ❤️ ~Renee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU. Forgive the delayed reply. I JUST noticed the flag for 'comments' LOL...I'm on such a learning curve!!

      Delete
  2. JUST DO IT!!!! <3 God will be there along the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your support, friendship and love is what keeps me going. LOVE YOU Irene!!

      Delete
  3. As a former member of that art gallery in San Antonio, I can say you walked into the right place for that nudge! It was a good day all around, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete