Sunday, October 1, 2017

It Takes a Village

Genuine, life experiences. 
Offering inspiration and hope to those bumbling through this life. 
I'm doing the best I can, I'm a work in progress and I've a purpose. 
So. Do. You.
I was chatting with my mom out in front of my home the other day.

One family arrived, dropping off their little boy.  My oldest was going to babysit.  A few minutes later, our neighbor brings over his little boy, another charge for the oldest to babysit.  (She is comes highly recommended!!)

I beamed a little inside.

These parents trust MY daughter with their children...pretty cool.

As the first family was leaving, mom of one boy says, "It takes a village!!"

Doesn't it though?

It got me thinking...(and you get to learn those thoughts here...lucky you - HA!)

My middlest went to dinner with a friend of mine that same night; a friend that offered to mentor my middlest.  She offered when said middlest was learning some tough life lessons a few years back.  She was spending a little time 'off' from school, with me at work.  Each and everyone of my friends at work (at the time) loved on, believed in and built my girl up.  She'd made some lousy choices and was suffering the consequences.  Those women were an amazing influence during those three days.  

Another friend takes my littlest every Thursday, for one-on-one teaching and loving.  The memories she will have (they'll BOTH have) are memories you can't possibly buy.  I KNOW my littlest is smart as a whip and that time with Mrs. T have quite a bit to do with that!

My mom helps with transportation and allows peace of mind when I travel, because she watches the girls.  She is also the epitome of hard working.  An incredible example to my girls.  She also doesn't put up with their sh*t.  LOL  She's been an influence since day one.  Literally.  BOTH born on HER birthday (my claim to fame...LOL)

The littlest's dad, even since our divorce, loves on all three of the girls as if they're his own.  He didn't skip a beat.  He takes them for regular visits, helps when I travel; pouring into their lives.  

Teachers, neighbors, other friends, coaches, pastors...

I do not do this alone.  

I often get compliments on how polite or well behaved each of the girls are to adults.  They can actually carry on a conversation with anyone from a waitress to someone we invite over for dinner.  

I mmmaaayyyy be implying that I very proud of them.

HOWEVER, they are not the young women / littlest girl solely because of me.  Granted, I have perhaps the most influence - I'll give you that - but they are lovely due to the encouragement, love and trust others invest in them.

The are who they are because of my village.

THANK YOU VILLAGE!!!  

You know who you are (I hope).

The Texas Ginger
Bringing World Peace One Hug at a Time




No comments:

Post a Comment